Friday, April 8, 2011

Building Raised Beds

I have been building raised beds made with 2"X12" redwood boards for thirty years now. I usually nailed the corners, then started using metal brackets when the joints would start to pull apart after many years of use. I especially like having 12" high boards so I can sit on them while planting. Much better than leaning over and stressing the back.

I just found these brackets online. They make building a raised bed really easy for anyone to do. They are a little pricey, but might be worth it for ease of use. The second perk is that they are really nice looking.

This little video demonstrates how these new corners work. Enjoy!

How to build an MBrace raised bed from Art of the Garden on Vimeo.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Thnx for this i was eagerly finding dis ,Long Back ! Thnx a Tonn Latex Beds

    ReplyDelete